PLJs Sudoku Program Page
Back to the Dutch PLJs home page
Page update 2006 - December - 21
Last release Version 2.0 RC 1-build 3, 2006 - December - 18
Screenshots, Old Screenshots, Help
TODO for 2.0 final:
- Fix bugs
- Better key definitions for functions?, send ideas!
- Icons (and other stuff?) from portable apps
- Refreshed website and update html documentations
This game is created as an experiment with the eclipseCDT MinGW environment.
The FLTK toolkit was used as a trial project to get it compiling and the sudoku
example was used to trial the environment. So the program here is not written
with code quality in mind, but mainly as an exercise and for fun.
This version of the puzzle is Copyright 2006 by Paul Janson & Rob Golsteijn
Based on the version from FLTK example by Michael R Sweet Copyright 2005
And modifications by John T. Haller of PortableApps.com to improve
portability. (version 1.1.7a). We took Fl_Preferences.cxx and copied a few
Michael thanks for the inspiration, and Portable Apps / John thanks for the
pointer to the FLTK sources. And their Portable work in general!
Contact: Sudoku at p-l-j.org or look at THIS page on
// This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
// modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
// License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
// version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
// This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
// Library General Public License for more details.
// You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
// License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
// Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307
I might not necessarily, beforehand agree with newer versions of GPL,
so this is cover with GPL version 2!
Example Sudoku.ini file:
2006-11-15 An example Sudoku ini (484b) file. Not really needed anymore, since Sudoku can generate this file (see Help menu).
None Developers version aty the moment:
- 2006-11-15 Sudoku.exe (1041k) Version 2.0RC1-weeklybuild1
- 2006-11-11 Sudoku.exe (1037k) Version 2.0Beta6-weeklybuild2
- Sudoku.exe (1034k) Version 2.0Beta6-weeklybuild1
Known bugs & added features for next release
Stikethrough bugs are solved in release 2.0RC2
auto show unique after promote unique hints
Stikethrough bugs are solved in release 2.0RC1
fixed double click behaviour on puzzle cells, Thanks Gurt.
This loops all possible hints when auto hints update is on.
fixed auto update hints, when removing or changing values
ADD generate sudoku.ini file,
because copy from help is not possible (FLTK limitation).
ADD empty cells without hints are light grey
CHANGED better 2D printing, Thanks Gurt
CHANGED psuedo undo when removing a value. Hints are displayed again,
if auto update hints is NOT on.
Stikethrough bugs are solved in release 2.0RC1.
update User Defined Difficluty (nr) in the title to the correct value
ADD (Feature creep :( ) function to initialize the hints for user only, with all 9 hints and disabled auto functions
Stikethrough bugs are solved in release 2.0beta6.
file load not robust against other files
menu selction ticks not shown
ADD new menu options/funtions/unique sdoku help
ADD unique sudoku helper functions
ADD combine options, only useful combinations are switched on/off. To prevent strange behaviour.
ADD userdefined diffeculty, and diffeculty level linked to created unique) puzzle)
Stikethrough bugs are solved in release 2.0beta5-b1.
cell redraws with sound on, for check & solution
Stikethrough bugs are solved in release 2.0beta4-b0.
1 Auto hints not executed immediately after an import (yet)
2 Menu name differs from dialog name : save puzzle / export puzzle
3 Check routine YELLOW sometimes shows and sometime doesn't
4 Double click only uses the box for determining the next value, add row/col or remove double click
5 Redraw after restart
|V2RC1:||NO MORE features, only bugfixes! My fault: already one last? feature added ;^(.|
|V2.0: ||Freeze, and hopefully transfer to Portable Apps, so everyone can enjoy it :)|
|Build for different platforms (FLTK =>Linux, Mac)? Can we do it on Pocket PC?|
|V2.x: ||Add other functions: imporve calculate number of solutions, log solving steps, more solving strategies,...|
|V3.0: ||Port to Qt Free on MinGW and Eclipse CDT, for my educational purpose only.|
|V3.x: ||Print the app,....|
- V2RC1 - build 3: 2006-12-18 new "final" feature enhancement release; added generate ini, undo value
shows old hints and fixes double click and hints update for changing or removing values.
- V2Beta 6 - build 6: 2006-11-12 final feature enhancement release; added create unique puzzles & user defined diffeculty.
- V2Beta 5 - build 1: 2006-10-12 first release with full functional and user changable offline gaming printable file support.
- V2Beta 4 - build 0: 2006-09-22 first release with PortableApps preferences (in FLTK) & saving a printable file for offline playing.
- V2Beta 3 - build 0: 2006-09-17 first public release
Links, to resources
- Sudoku game (on which this Sudoku is build initially)
- Eclipse (CDT) The used development environment. We used Eclipse v3.1.2 & CDT v3.0.2.
- MinGW The used compiler chain. We used MinGW from Qt 4.1.4 (3.4.2?) & MSYS v1.0.
- FLTK The used Fast Light Toolkit (FLTK). We used a PortableApps adapted FLTK v1.1.7 version.
- Portable Apps The portable Sudoku hinted me to the FLTK package for the eclipse trials and its sudoku.cxx example.
- GNU GPL The licence for this work. Of which version 2 applies.
Seen the //TODO parts in the code (mainly sudoku.cpp), and the comments in the main.cpp for possible extentions/improvements and future ideas.
Back to the Dutch PLJs home page